Kuberno Boston, Massachusetts, United States (Remote)
Do you want to join a collaborative and award winning business which is transforming governance through cutting-edge technology?
Kube is Kuberno’s unique entity governance platform.
It provides a definitive source of entity data and automates entity governance across businesses and across the Globe. (A “Corporation” limited company is just one type of “entity” … just in case you were wondering! But don’t worry if you didn’t know that – we love sharing our knowledge and experience of governance and can get you up to speed in no time!).
As an established disruptor to the market our customer base is growing, as is our international footprint and we are now looking for a Director of Sales to be at the vanguard of our growth in the USA.
Our proprietary platform, Kube, has been built around Kuberno’s customers.
We have walked in their shoes and understand their pain points. Our growing sales team will help deliver our message globally, building on our core brand message of governance professionals building solutions for governance professionals and busting bureaucracy to give governance a good name.
We don’t have a long check list of skills or experience for this role.
We are looking for teamwork, aptitude, and attitude,you will be expected to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment. Being a self-starter, highly motivated and wanting to be part of the team culture is key.
We are looking for someone people who can:
- Build, develop, and scale the team in line with business needs, being responsible for all hiring, coaching, and proactive performance management to ensure a high-performing team that achieves its quota in B2B SaaS sales but importantly lives our values in delivering a sales process that is customer experience focussed; we do not have an aggressive sales culture.
- Adopt the Kuberno sales process and methodology and coach team members on its utilisation.
- Enjoy creative problem solving, but have strong attention for detail and enjoy working with data
- Have project management experience and are comfortable in delivering multiple projects simultaneously
- Are empathetic and seek to understand the customers’ perspective and also that of colleagues
- Thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment and is comfortable with ambiguity. We are a fast moving scaling up business – this brings huge opportunities to progress, but limited handholding!
- Adopt the Kuberno sales process and methodology and coach team members on its utilisation
- Be empathetic and seek to understand the customers’ perspective and also that of colleagues
- Have a professional and informative communication style – you can clearly articulate problems and solutions and will work collaboratively with colleagues across different teams
- Are energetic, tenacious and enthusiastic, taking accountability for your own impact with strong self-organisation and accountability
- Have a burning curiosity and passion for learning. We don’t plan on standing still and neither should you! Thought leadership is important as is the ability to influence often senior stakeholders, both within Kuberno and our customers.
- Who loves getting their sleeves rolled up but who can also step back and grow and lead a small team US sales team
So what would you be doing in the role?
- Developing a deep knowledge of Kube and its core value proposition as well as understanding how the business operates and what drives the decisions at C-suite level
- Work closely with prospects and Kuberno customers to develop strategies to help them overcome challenges and achieve their goals
- Hands on approach to developing and managing the US sales team including performance management through regular 1:1 meetings, coaching, and driving the team to succeed
- Generate leads and manage pipeline through leading to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Through regular sales progress meetings, tracking progress of sales activities, reporting performance against targets tracking Managing multiple onboarding projects through the entire onboarding lifecycle, collaborating with customers and other teams to deliver a great onboarding experience, and reporting to C-level and the Board as required
- Obtaining, collating and managing large sets of our customer’s corporate data to ensure a seamless onboarding experience
- Researching the market and developing networks, nurturing new partnerships and opportunities, leading Managing communications and engagement with external and internal stakeholders, including professional partners and potential, customers and internal teams including at conferences and Expos
- Collaborating with Marketing to develop campaigns and communications that support the growth strategy
- Develop and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Manage major company enablement initiatives including new system processes/rollout, sales/GTM kickoffs, etc
Working closely with the wider Customer Onboarding Team to ensure that all manual data input is complete without fault.
Training customers on how to use Kube, and improving training materials alongside latest best practices
Partnering with our customers to effectively resolve issues through MS Teams, Zoom, email and chat
- Diagnosing software issues and engaging with our product and engineering teams using tools such as Jira and Mural
- Using feedback from engagement with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects and partners, discover pain points and identify initiatives Collaborating with other team members to identify to development opportunities for Kube for Kube or seeking out customer feedback and to solve new governance challenges for customers
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop the US Sales team and manage reps including performance management through regular 1:1 meetings, coaching, and driving the team to succeed
“Nice to haves”
We work with Company Secretaries and other governance professionals from organisations of all shapes and sizes who want to deliver future fit governance. An interest in governance and how technology can help transform the role of the Company Secretary would be a head start in building empathy for our customers, but is not a pre-requisite. Demonstrable experience of developing and leading B2B SaaS sales teams in the USA interest in and knowledge of project management and agile techniques would be helpful due to the nature of the role.
As a remote-first business, The role will primarily be home-based, but you should be willing and able to travel to Boston or New York for a day on a monthly basis for team meetings with the CCO and also to hold meetings with your team, commercial partners and prospects. You may also be required to travel to customer sites for face-to-face meetings. These would typically be ad-hoc and set up at the request of the customer.
Still holding back?
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we will let you into a secret: There’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate! Kuberno is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever your background, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to be at work every day.